Wednesday 28 May 2014

All Dressed Up....

If you want to go all out glam, there are not that many places left to get down and do it.  You can tip up to the smartest restaurants in town (Dabbous..more on this another day) in skinny jeans and sodden mac and no one will blink an eye.  Normcore it the theatre and you blend right into a crowd that is mainly tourists and some Londoners rushing out after a long day at work.  The Royal Opera House is the exception.  Men and women unashamedly 'dressed up' flit up and down the escalators to the Amphitheatre restaurant and lounge lazily in the bar between acts, diamonds glinting, and even the odd full length dress on show.  It is theatre at the theatre and all the better for that.

One of the views from my seat




The decorative effect of acres of gold, plush red velvet, blazing lights and a deep maroon and duck egg blue ceiling made me think of how over-the-top sometimes just works



I have not been using my gold overlay for a while, but that visit to ROH is going to make me re-visit...maybe this time with silk chiffon rather than suede. I will wear it with the new London-based Galvan label that will be in the shops soon - I have already mentally earmarked the following from their website for a few summer parties



Add a ring from  RAM Chandra (available at Brown's from whose website this photo is taken), one of my favourite jewellers with his beautifully balanced creations of stone and metal....


and that is Dressing Up. 










No comments:

Post a Comment