Sunday 12 February 2012

Cold!

The freezing weather has made me realise just how cold a house in London can get in February - that's inside, not out!  Even after plenty of years living in the UK I guess I'm still unused to the heating not being permanently fixed into the ecologically unsound 'on' position. Instead, by mid-afternoon the median house temperature has plummeted to what feels like negative numbers, and threading a needle becomes ever more precarious.  I've realised the key to staying warm is keeping my neck and chest cosy - my toscana sheepskin snood hasn't left my neck for days, which can look a bit suspect if I'm in trackies, but what the heck, I'm warm! Jess, in the photo, demonstrates what looking warm in the snood and not trackies can look like....

No comments:

Post a Comment